Worship Leader Search
Join our team and be a part of reaching our city for Jesus!
Who We Are
Sunset Community Church a is multi-ethnic church located just outside of Seattle in the diverse city of Renton, WA. While we have existed as a congregation since 1950 we find ourselves in the midst of major revitalization.
What We're Praying For
We are looking for a gifted and passionate leader to help us build a culture of worship and discipleship. While the primary focus of this position will be on worship you will be an integral part of the leadership team as we prayerfully seek God’s vision for our church and city. In this way your role is as much Associate Pastor as Music Director.
You might be the right person if:
- You love starting things from scratch
- You value the unique contributions of people from different cultures and ethnicities
- You’re big on team ministry
- You’re a hard worker who also knows how to prioritize personal/family time and soul care
- You’re a creative type who also loves people
- You get that discipleship is intentional but often doesn’t happen in a program
- Be a mature and growing follower of Jesus
- Ability to organize and lead a worship team
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Teachable spirit
- Able to deal with conflict in a Biblical manner
- A heart for the whole church body and a desire to work with and support other ministries in the church
- Agreement with church doctrine and statement of faith
- 3-5 Years as a leader or key member of a worship team
- Competent musician with either guitar or piano
- Ability to lead both hymns and newer music
- Understanding of how to read and arrange music
- Familiar with ProPresenter
- Have an understanding of how to set up and run a sound system
If interested, please send your resume with relevant ministry experience as well as a video link of you leading worship or playing/singing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions without a sample of your vocal and instrumental abilities will not be considered.
Sorry, at this time we are unable to accept applications outside of the United States.